How many times have you woken up on a lovely Saturday morning only to look out of the window and find out that your yard has grown completely out of control? Well don’t freak out, we have got you covered. In this blog, we will guide you through the steps that are necessary to have a lush and leafy lawn, the kind you have been dreaming all your life. There are a few strategies involved that you will need to master in order to become a star in the landscaping world.
Let’s discuss the best lawnmowers
Since the lawn is the largest area of the garden, it is essential to have a high-quality lawn mower that meets the requirement of your garden size and even the grass. In fact, I think it’s the most important gardening tool you can own. The only downside is that buying a lawnmower can be quite an overwhelming experience as there are a variety of options to choose from. Apart from the variety, lawnmowers come in different styles and sizes and it all gets confusing from there onwards. But, it’s surprising to know that the best corded electric lawn mowers are now available in the market.
TYPES OF LAWNMOWERS
There are 2 main types of lawnmowers:
A cylinder lawnmower has anywhere between five to twelve exposed blades at the front of the mower that rotate trapping and slicing the grass blades against a fixed bottom plate like a pair of scissors. The more blades there are the better the cut. The grass box is at the front.
The downside of this cutting system is that it works best on a low or short cut and will NOT cut long grass. This means frequent mowing, usually twice a week, but at least once a week in the lawn growing season to ensure a good cut.
Rotary lawnmowers have one very high speed rotating blade underneath. The blade ‘chops’ the grass on impact due to its very high speed. Most rotary mowers have the grass box behind with a few having an integral grass box. These mowers work best on a medium to high cut.
Rotary lawnmowers are the most versatile type and will cope with most types of grass. They are better than cylinder mowers at cutting longer and rougher grass.
A rotary mower may be powered by mains electric, rechargeable battery or petrol engine.
Lucky for you, I have researched almost all the best corded electric lawn mower and have come up with a solution to what type of lawn mower is best suited for your lawn.
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- Powerful brushless motor increases battery efficiency, maximizes motor performance, decreases noise and vibration and extends motor life
- Compact design ideal for small to mid-sized lawns. Cutting options – Bag and discharge chute
- 6-position height adjustment lever tailors grass cutting height from 1.18 to 3.15 Inch
- ETL approved; Energy Star certified
The Sun Joe iON16LM cordless lawn mower! Powered by the same rechargeable 40V Ecosharp battery system, This cordless dynamo is also engineered with a powerful brushless motor for increased battery efficiency, optimal motor performance and extended motor life (up to 2000 hours! ) to keep your iON mowing strong season after season. Ideal for small to mid-sized lawns, the iON16LM starts instantly with a simple push of a button and its ergonomic handle maximizes user comfort during use. Quickly adjust the cutting height of your grass with the 6-position height adjustment lever, which tailors cutting heights from 1. 18 Inch up to 3. 15 Inch.
- G-MAX 40V 4Ah Li-Ion Battery (Model 29472) powers multiple tools for complete yard work system–includes 1-4Ah Battery and Charger
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all environments
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple use. Cuts 400m2 on a single charge. Nice even cut for all grass types
- 16-Inch cutting deck allows you to maneuver through small to medium size yard more efficiently
- 6-inch front wheel and 7-inch rear wheel for easy maneuvering throughout your yard
This G-MAX 16 inch Mower makes it an easy transition to battery operated tools. Reliable, easy to use and low maintenance, this mower does a great job in small to medium size yards. The 16 inch cutting deck, 2-in-1 feature and 5 position cutting height makes this mower ideal for those who are looking for ways to trim down on their carbon footprint. There are no pull cords, no messing with gas, and zero maintenance from season to season. A simple push of the power button and you are ready to start cleaning your yard from the neglect. If the mower is hard to push. Empty the grass clippings from the grass catcher bag.
- G-max 40 Volts Li-Ion battery system powers multiple tools for complete yard work system–includes one 4 Ampere hour battery and one 2 Ampere hour battery and charger , Voltage – 40 Volts
- 20-inch cutting deck offers a great balance of maneuverability and cutting capacity making it ideal for mid-sized areas. Front Wheels: 7 Inch, Rear Wheels :10 Inch
- Innovative smart cut technology adjusts for power or runtime based on the thickness of your grass
- Dual blades offer better cut quality, superior mulching and bagging capabilities; 5 position single lever height adjuster allows for a cutting height range of 1-3/4 inches to 3-3/8 inches
GREENWORKS, One-Battery fits all of our 40 Volt System that includes over 40+ tools to choose from. Our One-Battery Fits, every tool for every job. GREENWORKS has you covered. Our GREENWORKS 40V Dual Blade/Dual Port Mower is perfect for yards up to 1/3 Acre with a battery run-time of up to 70 minutes.The GREENWORKS 40V is a dual blade mower designed to deliver better mulching, cutting and bagging. The Dual Battery Port automatically switches to the backup battery for a longer run-time, making it easier to get the job done. All this without the hassle of gas, cords or maintenance. That’s the power of GREENWORKS.
- Self propelled transmission with variable speed
- Up to 45 minutes run time with the Briggs & Stratton 82V Lithium ion 2.0Ah Battery kit comes with (2) 2Ah Lithium ion batteries and rapid charger
- 21 inches Steel mowing deck with 3 in 1 design mulch, bag or side discharge grass clippings easily
- Smart, efficient load sensing technology power adjusts to meet the demands of the cutting blades
- Push button start and a single lever, 7 position height of cut adjustment
The push button start Snapper XD 82V Max 21″ self propelled walk mower features a durable steel 3 in 1 mowing deck, allowing you to mulch, side discharge or bag for up to 45 minutes with the included Briggs & Stratton 2Ah battery. The self propelled variable speed transmission and load sensing technology make operation easier then ever before. Effortlessly choose from 7 different cutting heights with a convenient single level height of cut adjustment. This quiet walk mower requires less maintenance and has vertical storage capabilities, saving you valuable time and space in your garage or shed. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 82 volts.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time with 5.0 battery under light loads**
- 3-in-1 mulch/bag/side-discharge options on 20-inch steel deck
- Intelligent load sensing technology – Allows for optimum power levels while you mow for maximum efficiency
- Single lever, 7 height-of-cut adjustment – For ideal lawn height
- Vertical storage capabilities
Mow effortlessly with this Snapper HD 48 Volt MAX* 20 in. electric cordless self propelled lawn mower kit, which includes a Briggs & Stratton 48V MAX 5.0 lithium ion battery and charger. Now you can look forward to your lawn chores with convenient features like a self propelled drive system, push button starting and intelligent load sensing technology that make mowing easy. Get your preferred lawn height every time with the convenient single lever, 7 height of cut adjustment. Quiet operation levels and run times up to 60 minutes** allow you to accomplish your chores with ease. This quiet walk mower requires less maintenance and also has vertical storage capabilities, saving you valuable time and space in your garage or shed.
- POWERFUL: Perfect for small to medium lawns, battery-powered mower’s durable steel blade cuts a crisp 14″ wide path with precision in a single pass
- PERFORMANCE: The 28 V 4 Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery for up to a quarter acre of continuous mowing per charge
- ADJUSTABLE DECK: Tailor cutting height with 3-position manual height adjustment
- ACCESSORIES: Detachable 10.6-gal (40 l) grass catcher for easy disposal
- PRO VERSION: Comes with rear discharge chute (MJ401E-DCA)
MOW WITH JOE! Ditch the cord and gas, and cut the grass with MJ401C-PRO, the completely cordless counterpart of Sun Joe’s best-selling MJ401E electric mower. Perfect for small to medium lawns, the environment -friendly, battery-powered mower’s durable steel blade cuts a crisp 14″ wide path with precision in a single pass and features convenient 3-position manual height control to quickly tailor your turf to just the right height. Temperatures above or below normal room temperature will shorten battery life. Never store the lawn mower with the battery in a discharged condition. Recharge the unit immediately after it is discharged.All batteries gradually lose their charge. The higher the temperature is, the faster they lose their charge. If you store your lawn mower for long periods of time without using it, recharge the battery every 6 months. This will extend battery life
There are other factors to look at when shopping for a lawnmower like:
Most lawnmowers are powered by mains electricity. This is the best choice for small and medium-sized gardens. Electric mowers, which are powered by lithium-ion batteries, are now challenging gas mowers with a simple appeal: They start instantly, run quietly, spew no exhaust fumes, and require no regular engine maintenance. The mowers are smaller, cheaper to buy and easy to store. The battery companies develop batteries for outdoor power equipment improve every year, which for mowers means longer run times and a better-quality cut. That’s not to say electric mowers are best for everybody or every lawn. For one thing, they cost more than comparable gas mowers. But you can recoup that up-front cost over time by not having to pay for gas, oil, or engine maintenance However, do check the length of the cord before you buy.
In the past, rechargeable best cordless lawnmowers were considered to be inferior machines to their petrol or electric counterparts, and both heavy and cumbersome. This was chiefly down to the lead-acid batteries used in the machines – modified car batteries with all of the inherent maintenance problems associated with them. Thankfully, the days of heavy, leaking batteries are in the distant past with the advent of lithium-ion technology. These new batteries (often referred to as Li-ion for brevity) are transforming the way we can operate garden machinery, and in particular, best cordless lawnmowers — making them light-weight, maneuverable and able to work continuously when more than one battery is in use.
Cordless battery-powered lawn mowers are a hassle-free garden mower. They have all the benefits of an electric mower but you don’t need to worry about a cable.
If you’re looking for a machine to make light work of a medium-sized or even a large garden, you’ve come to the right place. Petrol lawnmowers tend to be one of the most popular options for a wide range of homeowners because they’re so powerful. In the past, some might have hesitated to buy a petrol mower because they were considered difficult to start. This is no longer a common problem because if you’re concerned you don’t have the arm strength (or a willing volunteer) to be able to cope with a recoil starter, you can simply opt for a petrol machine with easy start or even one which uses an electric ignition. These useful features take all the hard work out of getting started, meaning you can get on with the job at hand with a minimum of fuss.
Petrol-powered lawn mowers are the best choice for large gardens where a mains cable would be unsuitable. They are a bit more expensive but much more powerful and faster at cutting. They are also easier to maneuver around large objects.
However, bear in mind that petrol lawnmowers will need servicing like car engines, and you will need to check and top-up the oil.